To use our website you must consent to storing cookies on your browser. If you do not consent then we cannot grant access.
How to change your cookie preferences
If you revoke consent we will set our cookies in your browser to expire and you will be shown a confirmation page. After that, if you visit our website again, you will see this cookie acceptance page until you accept our policy.
How to contact us
By mail:1185 West Georgia Street, Suite 1625, Vancouver BC, Canada
Effective date August 10, 2018
Stockhouse Publishing Ltd. ("us", "we", or "our") operates the stockhouse.com website (hereinafter referred to as the "Service"). This Policy applies to Stockhouse Publishing Ltd., its subsidiaries, and any of its websites containing the Stockhouse name.
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of personal data when you use our Service and the choices you have associated with that data.
- ServiceService is the stockhouse.com website operated by Stockhouse Publishing Ltd.
- Personal DataPersonal Data means data about a living individual who can be identified from those data (or from those and other information either in our possession or likely to come into our possession).
- Usage DataUsage Data is data collected automatically either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
- CookiesCookies are small files stored on your device (computer or mobile device).
Data ControllerData Controller means the natural or legal person who (either alone or
jointly or in common with other persons) determines the purposes for which and the manner in which any personal information
are, or are to be, processed.
Data Processors (or Service Providers)Data Processor (or Service Provider) means any
natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Data Controller.
We may use the services of various Service Providers in order to process your data more effectively.
- Data Subject (or User)Data Subject is any living individual who is using our Service and is the subject of Personal Data.
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you.
Types of Data Collected
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you ("Personal Data"). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City
- Credit card number
- Cookies and Usage Data
With your permission we may use your Personal Data to contact you with email newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email we send or by contacting us.
We may also collect information on how the Service is accessed and used ("Usage Data"). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer's Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Tracking & Cookie Data
Cookies are files with a small amount of data which may include an pseudonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Other tracking technologies are also used such as beacons, tags and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyse our Service.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you will not be able to use our Service.
Examples of Cookies we use:
- Session Cookies.We use Session Cookies to operate our Service.
- Preference Cookies.We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies.We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
- Advertising Cookies.Advertising Cookies are used to serve you with advertisements that may be relevant to you and your interests.
Stockhouse Publishing Ltd. uses the collected data for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Service
- To notify you about changes to our Service
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so
- To provide customer support
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Service
- To monitor the usage of our Service
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
- To provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information
Stockhouse Publishing Ltd. may process your Personal Data because:
- We need to perform a contract with you
- You have given us permission to do so
- The processing is in our legitimate interests and it is not overridden by your rights
- For payment processing purposes
- To comply with the law
Stockhouse Publishing Ltd. will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer periods.
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to - and maintained on - computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ from those of your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside Canada and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to Canada and process it there.
We do sell aggregate information. For example, we might tell an advertiser that there are 120,000 registered users in a given city, but we will not tell them that John Smith is one of them, nor will we give them his e-mail address without his express consent. We may also use this aggregated information to help the advertisers reach the kind of audience they want. They may give us an advertisement and tell us the type of audience they want to reach (for example, gold investors in a certain area code).
Stockhouse Publishing Ltd. (or people working on our behalf under contracts and confidentiality agreements) would then take the advertisement and display it to users who meet those criteria. We may also disclose aggregate information (for example, information showing that 35 million of our readers clicked on a particular web advertising banner last month) in order to report on our services to partners, advertisers, and other third parties and the public.
With specific consent
We may disclose personal information in some other limited circumstances, but we will specifically describe them to you when we collect the information and gain your express consent, such as in the rules of a contest or a new service. For example, if we are going to give personal information to a contest sponsor, we will disclose it when you sign up for the contest, so that you can decide if you want to enter.
Disclosure for Law Enforcement
Under certain circumstances, Stockhouse Publishing Ltd. may be required to disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Stockhouse Publishing Ltd. may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of Stockhouse Publishing Ltd.
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- To protect against legal liability
The security of your data is important to us but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We do not support Do Not Track ("DNT"). Do Not Track is a preference you can set in your web browser to inform websites that you do not want to be tracked.
You can enable or disable Do Not Track by visiting the Preferences or Settings page of your web browser however this selection will not change how we interact with your browser. To change your Privacy settings with our Service please review the section of this policy called âHow to change your cookie preferencesâ.
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. Stockhouse Publishing Ltd. aims to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete or limit the use of your Personal Data.
If you wish to be informed about what Personal Data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or delete the information we have on you. Whenever made possible, you can access, update or request deletion of your Personal Data directly within your account settings section. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact us to assist you.
- The right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data.
- The right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
- The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information we have on you in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
- The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where Stockhouse Publishing Ltd. relied on your consent to process your personal information.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests. You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
If you want to correct or change information we have about you, please do so by signing into your membership account and selecting your member name on the top right side of the page and choosing the options to edit your info.
To change your email preferences simply select the link in every email we send.
To cancel your account, please contact us using the web form located here:
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service ("Service Providers"), provide the Service on our behalf, perform Service-related services or assist us in analysing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyse the use of our Service.
Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualise and personalise the ads of its own advertising network.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: /policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
We use third-party Service Providers to show advertisements to you to help support and maintain our Service.
Adzerk is an advertising service provided that we use to manage our advertising. For more information about Adzerk, please visit:
Google AdSense & DoubleClick Cookie
You may opt out of the use of the DoubleClick Cookie for interest-based advertising by visiting the Google Ads Settings web page: /www.google.com/ads/preferences/
To learn more about each ad provider visit their website at the following links:
Google AdWords remarketing service is provided by Google Inc.
You can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customise the Google Display Network
ads by visiting the Google Ads Settings page: /www.google.com/settings/ads
Google also recommends installing the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on - (212) 671-1236 - for your web browser. Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on provides visitors with the ability to prevent their data from being collected and used by Google Analytics.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: /policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
Our website contains a LIVE Leadsâ¢ tag from KickFireÂ®. This tag will track activity on the stockhouse.com website.
KickFireâs LIVE Leads technology is not connected to any combination of personally identifiable information (âPIIâ), cookie identifiers, or identification tags that when combined with other information received by the servers, may be used to create profiles of the natural persons and identify them. The IP Address Intelligence used by KickFireâs LIVE Leads TWIN Cachingâ¢ technology removes those traces of PII and focuses at the firmographic level. More information can be found at prattfall
We may provide paid products and/or services within the Service. In that case, we use third-party services for payment processing (e.g. payment processors).
The payment processors we work with are:
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 ("Children").
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.